Portable Document Format in shorts PDF is a file format for capturing and sending electronic documents in exactly the intended format.
It was developed by Adobe in 1993 for presenting documents, including text and image formatting. It may contain a variety of content over flat text and graphics respectively with logical structuring elements and interactive elements. That’s the process of making a PDF file.
After finishing making a PDF, we should know one more thing and that is to repair our PDF when it is damaged.
Also Read: How To Protect Your PDF In 2021
Why would you need to fix PDF files?
Sometimes, when sending PDF files, transferring them between systems or computers, or getting them from a tough drive that’s a couple of years old, it can happen that your PDF file gets corrupted. it is also possible that your PDF broke while it had been created.
Why Does a PDF File Get Damaged or Corrupted?
PDF files may display error messages occasionally and fail to open in Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Such issues occur thanks to various reasons, and a few of these reasons/causes are listed below:
Weak and poor internet connection:
This can cause incomplete downloads and as a result, files become corrupted. The user is then unable to open the file because the file structure is broken.
Malfunctioning of a computer system:
If your computing system or device is broken, it can affect your PDF files.
Sudden power breakdown:
If the user is transferring or sharing files, the unpredicted shutdown of the system can corrupt the file. Sudden power breakdown or internal instruction can increase the danger of file corruption.
Virus or other malicious content present in your disk drive or USB is often the source of PDF file corruption.
Using unsuitable applications:
If the other inappropriate program is employed to access the PDF file, it also can cause damage.
Incomplete and failed file downloads could corrupt PDF files, and this happens due to the unstable Internet connection. Improper downloads disturb file structure and damage the file.
Hard drive or storage device failure
Hard drive failures and USB storage media issues can cause PDF file corruption and inaccessibility issues. disk drive or storage media failures can occur thanks to many reasons like an electrical short, excessive hardware heating, exposure to water, etc.
Issues during file transfer
While transferring the file from one PC to a different via a USB drive or cable, the probabilities of PDF file corruption exist thanks to reasons like direct ejection of storage media from the system without initiating the eject command or sudden removal of transfer medium before the transfer was complete.
As a result, the receiver may get an incomplete or useless PDF document.
Improper system shutdowns & power failures
Improper system shutdowns and power failures can interrupt file transfers and downloads and may corrupt PDF files. The sudden application that exists can also cause such issues.
Now, a number of the problems that prevent you from opening your PDF file are often fixed! provide it a try – it’s completely free of charge.
How to repair a damaged PDF file
Step-by-step instruction on recovering a damaged Adobe Reader and/or Adobe Acrobat document:
Download, install and run Recovery Toolbox for PDF from here: https://recoverytoolbox.com/download/RecoveryToolboxForPDFInstall.exe
- Select the damaged *.pdf file on the primary page of Recovery Toolbox for PDF.
- Specify the name of the destination file.
- Select the version of the PDF file that is saved.
- Click the Save file button.
How to recover a damaged PDF document
Recovery Toolbox for PDF helps to repair PDF file damage. How are you able to open an unreadable PDF file containing important information?
Features of Recovery Toolbox for PDF:
- Restoring of damaged Adobe PDF documents
- Full support of PDF files recovery of all versions and sizes
- An intelligent proprietary core leveraging the facility of advanced document analysis and glued methods.
- Ability to repair a variety of logical errors caused by bugs in popular PDF generation tools.
- Saving of recovered data into a replacement, properly formatted, and compacted PDF file.
- Supports output recovered data to compressed or uncompressed PDF files.
- A compact installation file that needs no additional components.
- Full fixing compatibility with all major versions of Windows, including Windows 8 and Windows 10.
- Pre-Viewer for all kinds of *.pdf files with an incorrect structure.
- PDF Viewer Tool.
- Displays and repairs a .pdf file from Adobe Acrobat.
How to Open a Corrupted PDF File for Free of charge
Recovery Toolbox for PDF allows you to open a damaged PDF file of an Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader document and display an inventory of objects and data found within the damaged PDF file on the program page.
Further, it’s possible to export the recovered data from an open PDF file to a replacement *.pdf file, which you’ll then work with within Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader or another program.
How to Restore a PDF Document
To restore a damaged PDF document, you’ll use the last backup or the previous stable copy of the .pdf file, or attempt to use Recovery Toolbox for PDF. With a high probability, Recovery Toolbox for PDF can restore data from *.pdf files to their original state before corruption. to check this statement,
it’s necessary to:
- Download, install and run the DEMO version of Recovery Toolbox for PDF.
- Select a damaged .pdf file.
- Run the analysis of the damaged PDF file.
- Review the list of recovered objects within the program.
- Select a version for a replacement PDF file.
- Select the name for the PDF file for exporting the recovered data.
- Export recovered data to a replacement PDF document—available within the full version.
How to Fix a PDF Document
If you would like to quickly fix the PDF file of a damaged Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader document, Recovery Toolbox for PDF will allow you to try to do this with a few clicks.
PDF files are often fixed by copying and fixing data from a damaged .pdf file into a replacement Adobe Acrobat/Adobe Reader document. The tool doesn’t fix or modify the prevailing PDF file. All data transfers to the new revised PDF file.